Event Cost: Free GBP
Colney, Norwich NR4 7UY, UK
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital is celebrating its 250th anniversary with an 'Open Day and Fete' on Saturday 11 June (11am - 3pm). You can take a tour of our history, find out how modern healthcare saves lives, enjoy fun and games and help to raise money for the N&N Hospitals Charity.
There have been huge advances in technology since the inception of our hospital in 1772 and today we are at the forefront of developments just as our forebears were when the hospital was established. Caring for the sick remains our mission and we celebrate the 250th anniversary with pride for all the care we have provided down the generations.
Here are some of the activities you can enjoy on the day:
- Try your hand at pathology with our lab staff
- See how we treat heart conditions with the cardiology team
- Find out more about working at the hospital
- Meet our organ donation team
- See how the gut works and meet the "inflatable emoji poo"!
- Hear about food and health research from the Quadram Institute
- Take a tour of the Norfolk Centre for Interventional Radiology
- Find out more about managing diabetes
- Learn how to protect your skin in the sun
- See our display of old uniforms and historical objects.
- Take part in all the traditional fete games
- View the wartime and vintage vehicles
- Say hello to the therapy dogs
- Browse the wide variety of stalls
- Sample our cakes
- Enjoy live music and a barbecue.
See more information at www.nnuh.nhs.uk