“We have also been working very hard behind the scenes to ensure the wellbeing and safety of our guests and staff when we re-open. We have minimised touch points and brought in a range of measures to help reassure everyone that they will have a safe visit to the Maids Head.”
Preparations for Opening
- The Yard Bar, with its magnificent 15thcentury fireplace, has been fully refurbished and will now bethe main bar, with social distancing measures in place.
- Thoughtful social distancing measures are also in place inall public areas includingthe lounges, the open air courtyard and the Wine Press Restaurant and conference and event rooms.
- A customer journey video is being produced to help guests prepare for their visit.
- In and out routes are in place and automatic entrance doors are being installed.
- A thermal imaging camera will check guests' and staff temperatures.
- A new app will be available to ease the check in and check out process.
- Infra red hand sanitiser units in place at all entrances and throughout the hotel.
- Ongoing meticulous deep cleaning of all areas of the hotel: an electrostatic cleaning system has been purchased to deep cleanse all rooms and public areas every day. Bedroom doors will be sealed after cleaning. Bedding will be rested for 72 hours.
- A knock and drop service will be available for all meals.
- Health and safety champions appointed in each department.
- Branded masks produced for staff to wear.
- Work place assessments written and available on request for all areas of the hotel.
- Running maps, picnic maps and Norwich maps offered for guests so they can explore the city.
- Drophead Bentley available for trips in the city on sunny days.
- Flexible cancellation terms.
The Maids Head Goes Dog Friendly
Three of the hotel's executive bedrooms are now available for guests with a maximum of two dogsper room. Dogs are not allowed in the public areas, other than the courtyard.
Norfolk and Waveney MIND, Charity of the Year
Norfolk and Waveney MIND is the hotel's charity of the year.The Hotel is offering 105 classic double rooms in July from as little as £105 bed and breakfast for two people, with £5 going towards MIND.
Team Maids Head
The Maids Head staff have been very supportive of each other during during lockdown and set up their own FaceBook page and challenged themselves to aweeklybake off, running goals, Monday quiz nights and had a staff celebratory lunch on Zoom. Head Chef Magic devised a Mexican bean enchiladas recipe for the Zoom lunch.
The Maids Head Hotel in lockdown by talented local artist @SusanHendryArt. Susan's mono drawing features the hotel's mascot Henry Bear in colour, in an upper window, with a Covid-19 rainbow.'