Museum of the Broads
Enjoy the only waterside Museum of Broadland life at the historic and picturesque Stalham Staithe. We are family and dog friendly, have an accessible site, with a small café and picnic area.
Catch our special exhibition to commemorate the centenary of the end of the Great War, ‘Broadland During the First World War’. Discover how local people coped with war, the tales of the men who went to fight, the women who worked at home, and the first zeppelin air raid which took place over the Broads. Watch our special film, made with the help of local people and Stalham High School.
So why visit?
- Superb displays using a variety of media telling the story of the Broads including Vikings!
- A cracking range of boats ranging from a water bicycle, an airborne lifeboat, racing yachts, punts to an ice yacht and loads more!
- Plenty to do for Children including our play boat, our steering boat and why not try out our new Ellis Eel trails for families!
- Displays of life on the Broads from marshmen, boatbuilders to holidaymakers and including life during the two World Wars.
- Sail back in time and watch Broads wildlife on board our Victorian steam boat, ‘Falcon‘.
- Take a hat selfie during your visit and share it online.
- Our lovely riverside setting is perfect for a picnic
- Free entry to our shop and cafe selling gifts, some great books plus hot and cold drinks, snacks and ice cream.
Don’t just take our word for it check out our Trip Advisor reviews and #makeitstalham
2018 Opening times and admission prices:
Open Sun to Fri, Easter to 11 Nov, 1000 – 1630. Closed Sat.
Adult: £5.50, Conc: £5.00, Child (5-18): £2.50
Family Tickets available (see website for details)
All above tickets are valid for one year from purchase.
Twilight ticket (valid on day of purchase only and during last hour before closing): Adult: £2, Child: £1
Free admission to: Friends of the Museum, a Carer of a Disabled visitor, and members of the Museums Association (please show card). Please note, we are not part of Norfolk Museums Service and cannot accept their pass card.
Steamboat trips 50 mins: Adult: £5.00, Child: £3.00; 30 mins: Adult: £4.00, Child: £2.50
Under fives free. Well behaved dogs are welcome.
Phone number: 01692 581681
Contact name: Nicola Hems
Services and Facilities:
Gallery - Click image to enlarge: