Museum of the Broads
Enjoy the only waterside Museum of Broadland lifeat the historic and picturesque Stalham Staithe. We are family and dog friendly with a small café and picnic area.
In 2017 we are celebrating our 21st birthday year with a number of special events and exhibits.
Our Annual Exhibition is “Broadland in Pictures “. Take a look at how the Broads have inspired local artists past and present! Discover how images of the Broads are used today.
So why visit?
- Superb displays using a variety of media telling the story of the Broads including Vikings!
- A cracking range of boats ranging from a water bicycle, an airborne lifeboat, racing yachts, punts to an ice yacht and loads more!
- Plenty to do for Children including our playboat, our steering boat and why not try out our new Ellis Eel trail for families!
- Displays of life on the Broads from marshmen, boatbuilders to holidaymakers and including life during the two world wars.
- Sail back in time and watch Broads wildlife on board our Victorian steam boat, ‘Falcon‘.
- Take a hat selfie during your visit and share it online.
- Our lovely riverside setting is perfect for a picnic
- Free entry to our shop and cafe selling gifts, some great books plus hot and cold drinks and ice cream.
Dont just take our word for it check out our Trip Adviser reviews and #makeitstalham
2017 Opening times and admission prices:
March, April, May and October: 10am to 4pm, Sun to Thurs and 10am to 1pm Sat.
October half term: as above. Also open Fri 27 October 10am to 4pm.
June, July, August and September: 10am to 4.30pm Sun to Fri and 10am to 1pm Sat.
Concession: (over 65, disabled, students) £5
Children: £2.50 (5-18 yrs). Under 5s free.
Family: £14 (up to 2 adults and 3 children)
Free admission to: Friends of the Museum, a Carer of a Disabled visitor, and members of the Museums Association (please show card).
Under fives free. Well behaved dogs are welcome.
Phone number: 01692 581681
Contact name: Nicola Hems
Services and Facilities:
The Poor's Staithe
Gallery - Click image to enlarge: